Tuesday 20 December 2011

Run!

As part of my training, I've decided to ditch the gym and start running. Obviously my main training will be cycling, but I thought I'd mix it up a bit. Plus, I still don't have a bike :)


I've heard that good running shoes are vital and I want to make sure I do this well. So yesterday I went to a shop called 'Run' in Hove, which had been recommended by a friend, where they film you running to analyse what type of running shoe you need.


In jeans and a hoodie, wearing special lightweight shoes, I ran up the high street whilst being filmed. As I expected, my feet pronate (rotate) as I run, so I need running shoes that make up for it.


I tried on 3 different pairs of shoes, each time running around the (surprisingly large) block. I was stuck between 2 of the pairs, so I ran around the block a 4th time wearing one of each. I ended up going with the Nikes, which just felt the most comfortable.


My parents are getting me them for Christmas, so I will post a photo when I get them. Now I've got to decide on a running app for my iPhone!



No comments:

Post a Comment